A few comments about HRes 109, the Green New Deal 1
After a parade of horribles (declarations by the paid Congressional shills owned by the energy extraction industries), the caucus makes the bald faced claims that
- Intertwine the federal government in every aspect of our daily lives,
- Overhaul American energy, manufacturing, and transportation sectors,
- Jeopardize jobs and take-home income of hundreds of thousands of Americans,
- Expand the power of federal bureaucrats far beyond what our Founding Fathers ever intended,
- Impede the energy efficiency and carbon capture research and development industry has invested in, moving America further away from our emission goals,
- Destabilize our electric grid and energy dominance and independence compromising our national security, and
- Undermine federalist principles our nation was built upon.
Whoa!!!!! As one can easily see, there is no evidence tat the Resolution would do ANY of this. I am waiting to see documentation by the Western Caucus evidencing, well, anything.
I strongly suggest that EVERYONE actually read HRes 109 and if you are seeking to convince others how horrific it is, I would argue that the onus is on you to provide a sectional analysis (that’s what rational folk do). I for one would like to know what is problematic with pledging
(D) to secure for all people of the United States for generations to come—
(i) clean air and water;
(ii) climate and community resiliency;
(iii) healthy food;
(iv) access to nature; and
(v) a sustainable environment;
Sounds very much like what the US Constitution requires of our federal government. The preamble states
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
If you want to frighten yourself, go see a Manoj Nelliyattu “M. Night” Shyamalan movie. In the meantime, unplug from Fox News, try to be critical when you read or hear rants from people trying to suck your life blood and render your community a toxic desert, and do try to behave in a manner that suggests that you are a rational person entitled to enfranchisement.